Sunday, September 25, 2011

Garlic Dill Salmon

I love Salmon. I used to think I hated it. But all these years I realized I just had not had wild salmon. There is a huge difference. Taste and texture... completely different.
I was surfing foodbuzz the other day and found a beautiful post for Garlic Dill Salmon. This is a adapted from laphemmephoodie. Healthy and delicious!

I went over to one of my girlfriends today to cook dinner. She has an electric stovetop. I have not cooked with electric in forever. It always amazes me the difference it makes. Not that you can't cook amazing things on an electric stove. I know many who do. I am just so used to a gas stove that it really made cooking tonight a challenge for me. Nothing like being out of your element... it can make you second guess your cooking ability.

My friend set a lovely table,
and she was my sous chef for the evening. We had a simple meal. Caprese appetizers, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Dill Salmon, Orange Dreamscicle Cookies. All Gluten-Free!
I made a few errors in making this dish, but it still turned out. I think if I do it again I would add capers.

Garlic Dill Salmon
4 6-8 ounce salmon fillets (with skin on)
1/2 of a lemon, juiced (about 4 or 5 tbsp)
2-3 tsp dill
2 tsp prepared minced garlic
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
3-4 tbsp butter, melted
2 tablespoons minced pistachios (I process mine in the food processor)
salt/pepper for seasoning

DIRECTIONS:
Melt butter. Stir in lemon juice, dill, garlic, and seasonings together. Add in pistachios if desired. Brush the buttery mixture on the top of the salmon fillets.

Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F. Place ¼ cup white wine at the bottom of a baking dish. Place the salmon in the baking dish. Brush the mixture on the top of the salmon fillets. Roast for about 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness.
Yields: 4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.