Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gluten-Free Orange Creamsicle Cookies

I am always looking for a way to combine my citrus trees into a recipe. The Orange tree in my backyard only produces Oranges from December to March. My friend however, has a huge Orange tree in her backyard that is ready for harvest. We are going over to play cards tonight and I like to bake. Tonight I am going to do some gluten free cookies. I love the flavor of orange sherbet mixed with vanilla. So I am going for that flavor with the cookies.
Gluten-Free Orange Creamsicle Cookies

2 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1 tsp xanthan gum (omit if your gluten free flour blend already has xanthan gum)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons orange zest (for me that was the zest of 2 oranges)
2 cups Gluten Free White Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and chips.

Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Push down to flatten cookies;  Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump.
Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

Follow us on facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mom-Whats-For-Dinner/134176089986933
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/MomWhatsForDinn
Follow us on Tumblr at: http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/momwhatsfordinner

1 comment:

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.