Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Carne Asada Taco Salad

A few days back I did a repost of my Crock-Pot Carne Asada recipe. We had the kids over for their first family night at the loft. My son is in love with my Carne Asada Taco's and he brought his girlfriend who loves them too. I always make a really good black bean filling for my daughter and I to enjoy and the hubby dives into the Carne asada too. We had fun! We ate dinner, and then took the kids and dogs for a walk to Ghirardelli for ice cream sundaes! 
My son's dog Spot was all about the whipped cream! Ha ha! He is sooooo cute!
Then we came back home to the loft and played Yahtzee!
Jordan won. I got lots of snuggle time with my girl. My son was too busy snuggling with his love to snuggle with me. It was so great to see all the kids and the fluff butts. 
The next day we got busy working and doing our thing and around lunch time my Man was hungry for a meal. I sent most of the Carne Asada home with the kids, but I saved just enough for my man, because I know how much he loves a good taco salad. I whipped this baby together for him in less than 5 minutes. Here is what you need;

Gluten-Free Carne Asada Taco Salad
Leftover Carne Asada
Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream
Green Onions
Tortilla Chips


Place clean chopped lettuce in the bottom of your plate. Heat up  your carne asada, then place it on top of the lettuce. Top with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, and sliced green onions. Place your tortilla chips around the lettuce and serve! My Man liked his with Omission gluten-free beer. 
I make the same thing for me but I sub refried beans for the carne asada, since I am not a beef fan. 


1 comment:

  1. What a fun time with your family!! the Carne asada taco salad looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.