Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Crepes

Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner, and I have a great recipe for you to make during this Pumpkin season! I made these for my daughter and she devoured them saying "wow!". I love it when I get that kind of response. That means it is a recipe I really need to pass on to my readers. The secret ingredient? My pumpkin cream cheese filling. It is easy to make and makes all the difference. If you want to top them with whipped cream, it goes great too, but isn't necessary. I plan on making these off and on throughout the whole season. Enjoy!


Gluten-Free Pumpkin Crepes
adapted from Juanita's Cocina

1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup better batter flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup warm water
4 eggs
4 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking powder

You can see the recipe for homemade whipped cream here.
You can see the recipe for the pumpkin cream cheese filling here

Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until fully blended.
If you need to add extra milk to thin to make it spreadable in the crepe pan/skillet/griddle, do so.
Heat a nonstick crepe pan or small skillet over medium heat until completely warmed. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Pour the batter into circles, as thin as you can go without it breaking. 
When there are bubbles all over your batter, it is time to flip it. 

When done, fill your crepe with pumpkin cream cheese filling. Top with some whipped cream sprinkled with a little cinnamon. 
Serve!

You can now pre-order my cookbook via kickstarter! 
Here is an information video that explains in detail the book. 
You can pre-order through kickstarter HERE!
Follow Us:

4 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I bet they taste just as well. Thanks for posting.

    Exede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana @Eating Made EasyOctober 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM

    These look delish, thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Your crepes sound amazing!!!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pumpkin cream cheese filling... yes.. drool... I'm listening. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.