Thursday, October 4, 2012

Halloween Eyeball deviled eggs

I am on a role with harvest and Halloween recipes in this house. I am still banished to my house because of my phytophotodermatitis. So while it is so nice outside in southern California, I am in what I call "the dungeon". Technically I am not supposed to even open my blinds. Unfortunately I am not that disciplined. I have to get out from time to time. Take a stroll, go get groceries, go to church. Then I get a flare-up and it is painful. I am just done with having this ailment rule my life. So I am trying to focus all my energy on recipes, cooking, baking and writing. Our house has already been all things Halloween and it is only the beginning of October. 

Gluten-Free Halloween Eyeballs 
adapted from My Daily Dish

8 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 TB prepared mustard
Salt and pepper, for taste
Blue Food Coloring
Hot Sauce *optional

Boil your Hard boiled eggs, let them cool (8 minute boil, drain, chill instantly)
Peel Your Eggs, 
cut them in half, horizontally
Remove the yolk
Place yolks in a bowl with Mayo and Mustard, salt and pepper.
Mix well until creamy.
Add food coloring and mix.
Lay out your egg white portions
Distribute the yolk mixture evenly between the whites until all gone
To make the Eyeballs:
Slice your olives in half. Place in center of the egg.
They taste like regular deviled eggs... I swear!
If you want you can get creative and make faces. 
Follow Us:

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That last picture is precious! I love these Halloween inspired food ideas. My kids are going to love this one. :) Hope you are feeling 100% better soon. I am still in shock how it all happened to you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.