Monday, February 13, 2012

Gluten Free Hoisin Sauce

I have been seeing a lot of recipes lately in the regular "gluten world" that have Hoisin sauce. Most all the recipes sound good to me, but knowing I have to be so careful with my daughter's Celiac disease, I went to Sprouts to check the label of the stocked Hoisin sauces. Sure enough... gluten. It hides. In this case it hides in soy sauce which is a main ingredient in all the Hoisin sauces that I looked at. Never fear, I just shrugged, went home and made my own. Armored with my husband and daughter to taste test, this sauce came out great. A little of this, a little of that and bam! I wrote down all the measurements so that I can remake it whenever I want. I put mine in a glass jar in the fridge for future ease of use. 


4 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce -or- braggs amino acids
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey 
3 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons Siracha chili sauce
1/8 teaspoon black pepper


Add all ingredients to a large bowl and whisk for a minute or two until well blended. 
I used the sauce to make a lovely Valentines day dish. Hoisin glazed scallops

Don't forget to enter the $50 gift card giveaway! Enter here. 
Follow Us:

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow....
    I've been looking for a GF sauce for years. I googled (again), and found your post! Thanks so very much, I'm printing it now. And then I'll browse the rest of your site. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.