Thursday, December 12, 2013

Chocolate Peppermint Larabars


If you are not familiar with larabars, let me introduce them to you. They are raw, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, and scrumptious. They taste like cookies because the dates make them sweet combined with super foods like cocoa and almonds. Basically, you get dessert, without the guilt. I eat them in between meals to tide me over. No more of those processed full of sugar granola bars. Eat healthy and wholesome. 

I developed this bar for Christmas. They taste like a thin mint cookie from the girl scouts. Suitable for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner, or dessert. Enjoy!

Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Chocolate Peppermint Larabars


1 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup cashews
2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 tsp peppermint extract

Add all ingredients to your food processor and pulse until fulling incorporated. 
Spread into an baking dish lined with parchment and freeze for 1 hour before cutting. 

I had to share this picture because my dog peanut was so interested in these bars, I had a hard time keeping her out of the picture.

Follow Us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.