Friday, September 27, 2013

Rhubarb Crisp

I was so excited this past week at the farmer's market because I finally got my hands on some rhubarb! 
My husband absolutely loves Rhubarb Crisp. He does not like strawberry rhubarb. He likes it with just the rhubarb. You can make this a traditional strawberry rhubarb crisp by using 2 cups rhubarb and 2 cups strawberries. 

I use Sucanat for this recipe. It is pure evaporated cane juice, but also called "organic brown sugar". You can use regualr brown sugar if you would rather. 


Gluten Free Rhubarb Crisp

1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch (bob's has non-gmo cornstarch)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
1/2 cup certified gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup packed Sucanat (organic evaporated cane juice)
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine the granulated sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
Stir in chopped up rhubarb. Pour into a prepared baking dish that you have coated with cooking spray or parchment paper.

In another medium bowl combine flour, oats, sucanat, and salt. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle over Rhubarb. 
Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.