Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mongolian Broccoli Beef

 
I have the easiest recipe for you today! I was sent some Gluten-Free, GMO-Free Mongolian sauce from San-J to try! Everyone knows I love to make sauces, but sometimes there just is not enough time. Yesterday was one of those days. With finishing the final draft of my book Gluten-Free is Easy for my publishing company, and heading up north to spend a few days with friends to celebrate, I found I had very little time to cook dinner for my husband. 


I stumbled off the train with my chihuahua and an overflowing overnight bag at 4pm. By the time I was up in my loft, had fed the dogs, watered my plants, threw a load of laundry in. It was 5pm, with no food prepared at all. I was about to throw in the towel and suggest heading to my favorite organic farm to table restaurant for dinner instead, when I spotted the bottle of Mongolian sauce on my counter. 

I picked it up and started reading. 

Ingredients: Organic Sugar, Tamari Soy Sauce (Water, Soybeans, Salt, Alcohol), Sake (Water, Rice, Salt), Water, Rice Vinegar, Garlic Puree, Garlic Powder, Arrowroot, Ginger Puree, Apple Cider Vinegar. 

Hmmm... Soy huh? I am forbidden from eating any soy product unless it is part of the Non-GMO project. Post cancer and you learn to actually listen to the doctors. 

Then there it was on the label, The beautiful logo I look for!

It is also Organic, Certified Kosher by OU and Certified Gluten Free by the Gluten-Free. 
SOLD! Dinner was now solved. Time to make a rice bowl. If you have pre-cooked rice already, you can throw this meal together in 10 minutes. 

Gluten-Free Mongolian Broccoli Beef Rice Bowl

Cooked rice
1 lb flank steak
1 head of broccoli
2 TBSP non-gmo cornstarch or tapioca starch
3/4 cup gluten-free San-J Mongolian Sauce 
1 TBSP Olive Oil


Slice your steak into strips. Add the sliced steak and the corn starch to a large ziplock bag and shake to coat the steak. 
Add olive oil to a wok or large skillet and heat over medium high heat. 
Add your coated steak, toss and stir for 3 minutes. 
Add your Mongolian sauce and stir. 
Top with broccoli, stir and cook for 5 minutes.
 Serve over rice. 
My husband LOVED this dish. I loved it with just the sauce, broccoli and rice. Very tasty and a great thing to have on hand for nights that you just don't have the time to create anything from scratch. 
Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.