Monday, September 9, 2013

Cheese Walnut & Pear Salad


During my illness, my husband would come home from lunch every day to check on me, give my my medicine and help out. Now that I am well, he is still coming home for lunch. I love it. I like making him healthy food to eat. 

With Pomegranates and Pears in season. I was eager to make him a healthy salad. Finding out how much he loved the flavor of Gorgonzola with Pears, I set forth to make him a yummy salad with these flavors. Super easy to make and scrumptious too! 

Cheese Walnut and Pear Salad
2 TBSP Gorgonzola Cheese
2 TBSP Walnuts
2 cups of Mixed of Super greens (baby red chard, baby tat soi, baby spinach, baby green swiss chard, baby arugula... I use Organic Girl)
1 Pear (peeled, and sliced)
1 Pomegranate (seeds only)
Superb quality Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar

I first wanted to toast up the walnuts. You can do this in the oven, but it is a really hot day and I didn't want to heat the whole house. So I toasted them in a cast iron skillet for a few minutes stirring constantly. 

Fill a salad bowl full of greens. Top with sliced pear, and pomegranate. Next top with cheese and nuts. 

I like to eat it just like this, because the pear and pomegranate make it nice and juicy. If you want a dressing, my husband uses fig balsamic and basil olive oil.

Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.