Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pear Butter


This past week I spent a few days with several of my close girlfriends. It was so nice to get out again and get in a lot of laughter! These ladies have been such a blessing to me! On the last day three of us went down and picked some pears from one of my friends pear trees. Lovely natural organic pears. 
So I was super happy to get busy in my kitchen creating a bunch of different pear dishes. Since they are in season, I will be sharing these recipes with you over the next few days. 

I started off with Pear Butter. So easy to make and so yummy! 

Pear Butter

10 pears, peeled, cored and cut quarters.
3/4  cup brown sugar (or agave or sucanat, you can also use 1/4 cup stevia if going for sugar free)
1 cinnamon stick
pinch of sea salt


Put all the ingredients into a crock pot (slow cooker). 
Cook on low heat for 4-6 hours. 
Remove the cinnamon stick, let cool slightly then puree to desired consistency. Keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.

Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.