Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Raw Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars


Hi guys! I hope all of you are doing well!
I just got home from a whirlwind trip to Oregon for a family wedding. It reminded me more than ever that eating healthy on the go is so hard. With having very little time, we flew into Portland Oregon, and then drove to Bend Oregon for the wedding. Then we drove back to Sherwood Oregon to see some family and friends. Refusing to go through a drive through, I ate a lot of salad and bananas. I had made some larabars before we left, but then I forgot to put them in my bag. 
It was a stressful trip, and that made me need some chocolate. Chocolate always calms my nerves. I was so happy to get back in my kitchen and the first thing I did was make these bars. They are so good, but taste like they must be bad!
These bars are very healthy. With just 2 small tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips being the only sugar, you can have this treat and not feel like you are splurging. So eat up and enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Brownie Bars
1/4 cup walnuts
1/2 cup whole almonds
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
2 TBSP mini chocolate chips

Line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper.
In a food processor put the almonds and nuts. Pulse a couple of times until they resemble fresh bread crumbs. 
Add  the dates and cocoa powder . Pulse until well combined.
Scrape the mixture and press in (as evenly as possible) into the prepared pan. 

Freeze for 1 hour, then remove and slice into bars. This recipe made me 8 bars.
Keep in a air-tight container in the fridge.

Don't forget you can order my cookbook HERE!
Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.