Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Chicken Satay Skewers Recipe with Peanut Dip


 
I love a good Satay. I have a confession to make though. My "Peanut Dip" Is nut free. I used No-Nut Butter for it and absolutely loved it! I am not allergic to peanuts, but I know a lot of my readers are. So if you want regular peanut dip, just use your regular peanut butter. If you are peanut free, use No-Nut butter for the same great taste and consistency. Directions for both are below.


Chicken Satay Skewers Recipe with Peanut Dip

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thigh meat, cut into thin strips 
3 Tablespoons vegetable oil 
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed 
2 teaspoons fish sauce 
1/2 teaspoon curry powder 
1 Tablespoon brown sugar -or- 1/2 TBSP sucanat 
2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar 
fresh cracked black pepper to taste 
cilantro for garnish, minced 
about 12-15 medium sized bamboo skewers (soak the skewers for about 20 minutes)


peanut dip ingredients: 

1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter - or no nut butter 
1 cup of water 
1 Tablespoon Vegetable oil 
2 cloves garlic, minced 
1 Tablespoon fish sauce (or more to taste) 
1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar 
2 teaspoons sugar or brown sugar -or- 1 tsp sucanat 
1 Tablespoon chili hot sauce (optional) 

Make the marinade: In a dish or large plastic bag, combine vegetable oil, minced garlic, fish sauce, curry powder, brown sugar, black pepper and distilled white vinegar. Make sure all ingredients are mixed well. 
Add chicken strips to the marinade, making sure all chicken pieces are coated evenly. 
Allow chicken to marinade for about 20 minutes. 
Skewer chicken pieces onto bamboo skewers. 

Place on a lightly oiled grill pan. You can either grill these outside, or bake them on a grill pan. I prefer baking them. I preheated my oven to 450 degrees. I cooked for 10 minutes and they came out perfectly. 

If you want to use the grill,  heat to medium heat. Cook chicken skewers for about 10 minutes, or until one side is cooked. Then flip chicken over and cook on other side till cooked. 
Garnish with minced cilantro. 
Serve with peanut dip. 
peanut dip directions: 
Add all ingredients to your blender or food processor and blend until fully incorporated. I added extra chili sauce because my husband likes all things spicy. 
Serve with chicken satay skewers.
I served mine over a dish of Super greens. It was a Chicken satay salad and I absolutely loved it! 


Follow Us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.