Friday, May 24, 2013

Low Cal Strawberry Zest Muffins


The quest to eat healthy continues. I got two huge containers full of organic strawberries and I wanted to do something different with them. I am not a fan of smoothies. I know they are very popular and they taste great. It just isn't my thing. I like eating something I can sink my teeth into. Otherwise I feel like I haven't had a meal. So I wanted to utilize my protein powder. These muffins were a success. They are not sweet, because they do not have any added sugar. If you like things sweet you can add a little stevia.  They are a great addition to my morning coffee and they are full of all things wholesome. 



Gluten-Free Low Calorie Strawberry Zest Muffins
adapted from http://toneitup.com
Makes 6 muffins

1/4 cup coconut flour
1 Scoop of whey vanilla protein powder
1 cup fresh strawberries
3 eggs
2 tbs coconut oil
3 Tbs lemon zest
1 Tbs lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt

Preheat oven to 400° degrees.
Mix together eggs, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl, either with a hand mixer or blender.

In a separate bowl combine protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and mix thoroughly.
Next, combine dry ingredients into the wet batter and mix or blend well until there are no lumps.
Fold blueberries into batter right before pouring into sprayed muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is cooked.

Don't forget you can order my cookbook HERE!
Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.