Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Wedge Salad


When it comes to iceberg salad, you either love it or you hate it. My kids and husband love it. When we eat out, it is something that is ordered more often than not. So I have learned to make it just the way they like it. I am always shocked at how much they charge for a corner of an iceberg lettuce head. So simple to do on my own and for a fraction of the cost. Here are instructions on how to make a wedge salad at home that is just as good if not better than the gourmet restaurants out there. All ingredients with the exception of the lettuce are optional. Add what you like. Here is how I make 4 Wedge Salads.

Wedge Salads
1 iceberg lettuce head cut into 4 pieces
Any of the following veggies chopped into small pieces:
Sugar snap pea pods
carrots
celery
tomatoes
green onion
Cucumber
etc...
Bleu Cheese Dressing click Here for recipe

Top each wedge with the dressing and top with chopped veggies. Serve. Tada! Here is your $8 wedge salad for about $1. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Have you ever tried it with spinach?

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugarandspicemarket GlutenfreeMarch 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM

    This salad looks so very fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh... I just saw iceberg lettuce at the grocery store and the first thought that came to mind was wedge salad. Beautifully done my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.