Thursday, March 28, 2013

Savory Vegan Vegetable Soup

 
As I am sure you already know from reading my blog, I like to have a lot of soup on hand for lunches during the week. I get busy and then hungry and I don't want to make bad food choices. Having a healthy soup in my fridge, keeps me on track. I love that I can have a cup of it in the late afternoon and it will tide me over until dinner, without blowing my diet out the window. This makes for a great lunch or snack. Very low calorie and healthy. 

Gluten Free Savory Vegan Vegetable Soup
adapted from Tone It Up!

2 cups potato, peeled and cut into 1" bites
2 Quarts Vegetable Broth
2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Carrots, sliced
1 sweet Onion, diced
1 Tbs. Black Pepper
1 Tbs. Basil
2 cloves Garlic
2 tsp. Thyme
1 bay leaf
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients except potatoes together in crock pot and cook on high for 3 hours. Add potatoes and cook another hour. 
Follow Us:

2 comments:

  1. Loving this recipe!! My daughter is 13 and has just discovered that she really, really likes soup. I've been gathering recipes for her and this one looks to suit her taste. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sometimes you just need a nice big bowl of basic soup!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.