Thursday, February 7, 2013

Vegan Thai Fried Rice

I know I have been posting a lot of Thai recipes lately. I have wonderful organic baby bok choy coming to me frequently now and I love the health benefits of this vegetable. 
I have found it pairs nicely with asian food and it is an easy way for me to slip greens past my kids. My kids were here this past weekend and they both ate up a huge bowl of this without knowing it was full of Bok Choy. If you are not familiar with it, it is a type of cabbage. I always explain it as a cross between Cabbage and celery, but with the cabbage flavor.  This is a very kid friendly recipe, and healthy to boot!

Gluten-Free Vegan Thai Fried Rice

2 TBSP Canola oil
3 baby bok choy, chopped with leafy greens
1 TBSP minced garlic
½ cup peeled chopped carrots
1 cup sweet onion diced
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce -or- braggs amino acids
2 TBSP Sweet chili sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
3 cups steamed rice, cooked and cooled


Add your canola oil to a large skillet or WOK. Add your bok choy, garlic, carrots, sweet onion, and green onion to the wok. Cook over medium high heat until your vegetables are done to your liking. I like mine wilted in rice so I cook for about 5 minutes. 
Add in your cooked rice and add your gluten-free soy sauce -or- braggs, sweet chili sauce,  and sesame oil. 
Mix together and cook on medium high heat until your rice starts to brown.
 Serve warm. This dish reheats very well so I tend to keep some in my kitchen for a quick healthy snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.