Friday, February 8, 2013

Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower

 
I swear I live in the best building ever. Every few weeks they host something special for us. Last night they had Heavenly Cupcake come and supply us with gourmet cupcakes. They also do a raffle each time where you can win spa treatments, grocery gift cards, restaurant gift cards etc... Last time I won a gift card to krisp which is a local organic food and spirits market that is 2 blocks from our building. It is so nice to live in a place that does nice things. These mixers have helped us meet some fabulous friends and I am so blessed to live here! 


Because we had a cupcake mixer, I knew I wanted to go with a healthy dinner. One of the things I made was this fabulous Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower that is accompanied with roasted onion and garlic. Yum! This is now going to be made weekly. Don't be afraid of Cauliflower! It is a fabulous vegetable that takes on the flavor of what you cook it with. Make this, I bet you can get some non veggie eaters to go ahead and try it! 



This dish is healthy, low calorie, but also full of flavor!


Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower
Bon Appétit | February 2013

1 head cauliflower
1 sliced medium onion
4 thyme sprigs
6 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons olive oil
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan


Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut 1 head cauliflower into florets; toss on a large rimmed baking dish or baking seet with 1 sliced medium onion, 4 thyme sprigs, 6 garlic cloves, and 3 tablespoons olive oil.


Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.

Roast for 35 -40 minutes.
Serve!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic dish. Cauliflower is loved by both my kids so I must make this for them. :) PS... the book review post is up today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cauliflower is one of many types of vegetables found in the Brassica oleracea species, more specifically in the family Brassicaceae.
    There are other related vegetables, which include collard greens,
    Brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale, and cabbage, which are simple variants
    on the same species, but still have different cultivar groups.
    ---Joshua K. McAnulty(link to website)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.