Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lava Cakes


Yesterday was a fabulous day! Even though it was Monday, I was able to hit the day hard with all I had. I cleaned my loft from top to bottom. A really deep clean, which always feels good. I also was able to go up and down our stairs ... 10 flights. I am trying to get more exercise in, so instead of the gym, I hit the stairs. I also did some writing and posts for a few publications. Then I took a 30 minute power nap, which hasn't happened to me since my kids were babies. Then a girlfriend and I went for a 2 hour walk from our loft to the waterfront and all along seaport village. It was beautiful! Lovely living in a beautiful city where in Winter, you can walk in a sun dress along the bay. Then when my hubby came home, he announced he wanted to go walking. I laughed and then said: "Okay, why not!" When we calculated it out, I walked almost 6 miles yesterday! Life is good! 

Since I was really good about exercise, I allowed myself my favorite treat. My lava cakes. I have been making these long before my daughters Celiac diagnosis. So easy to make and yet something is so decadent about them. The ooey gooey inside calls to me. I am known for these back home in Oregon. Here is the famous recipe! Enjoy!

Gluten-Free Lava Cakes

4 squares unsweetened bakers chocolate
½ cup butter
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
2 full eggs
2 egg yolks
4 TB Corn Starch

Preheat oven to 425.
Butter 4 custard cups and place on a baking sheets.
Microwave chocolate and ½ cup butter in large microwavable bowl for 3 minutes at 50% power. If you do full power it will burn the chocolate. Stir with a wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.


Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in corn starch. Divide batter between 4 custard cups.
Bake 12 minutes. Serve warm topped with whipped cream.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I have been that nice, congratulations. I also uploaded a recipe very similar to my blog but a little different, if you can give me some advice.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.