Thursday, January 31, 2013

Strawberry Vanilla Greek Yogurt Parfait


 
If you are looking for healthier gluten-free breakfast, lunch, and snack items, then this one is for you. I get stuck in a rut sometimes with my breakfast. I am not a big smoothie fan, so I decided to make one, without blending it and it ended up being an amazing parfait! I use Greek yogurt and stevia to make an extra healthy start to my day. 
Strawberry Vanilla Greek Yogurt Parfait
1 cup (8 ounces) nonfat plain greek yogurt
2 teaspoons granulated sugar -or agave nectar -or- 1 tsp stevia for sugar free
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

6 ounces strawberries


Whisk together yogurt, sweetener, and vanilla to make vanilla yogurt. You can also purchase vanilla yogurt but they tend to be high in sugar. 
Wash your strawberries, remove the stems and slice into thin slices. I save one strawberry and keep the stem on and garnish the top of the parfait. 
Layer your parfait rotating between yogurt and strawberries. It doesn't matter the order. 
Repeat to make 4 layers.
Top with one sliced strawberry with the stem on. 
Dig in!

1 comment:

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.