Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Latkes


 I am bringing you another recipe repost. Sad to say, that I have been down with the flu for almost a week now. There is nothing that will help it except rest and fluids so that is what I am doing. I have hardly had enough strength to even check my email so I am sorry if I am behind on answering your cooking questions. I strive to get all caught up and back to my regular quick responses. So today I am posting you a recipe I posted a few years ago. These are my favorite and I really wish someone could make them for me right now.

Latkes
2 peeled russet potatoes
1/4 sweet onion
1 TBSP fresh dill chopped fine
1 Tablespoon gluten free all purpose flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
1 TBSP olive oil

Grate the potato, and onion and mix together. Squeeze out moisture. I did this with a couple paper towels one handful at a time. 
Place each handful in a large bowl. Add fresh dill to the mixture.
 Add gluten-free flour to lightly coat the mixture. Add egg and Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. 

Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan. When oil is hot, add mounds of the potato mixture. Turn the heat to medium-high. When the bottom of each latke is nicely browned, flip and brown the other side.
Cooking latkes over medium-high heat turns the outside a nice crispy golden brown and gives the interior a chance to cook through. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with a bit of salt. Serve with sour cream.
Follow Us:
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear you are ill. :( I have a cold myself and it is slowing me down. I hope you feel better soon. These latkes look perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.