Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sweet and Spicy Stir-Fry

We are finally in a cold spell in Southern California. This is the time of year where we all pull out our thick sweaters, and snuggle in front of the fireplace. I keep saying this is the coldest winter since I moved to California. But then I look at the temperature and it is still in the 60's during the day. I have definitely acclimated! This time of year it is all about comfort food. Because of that, my waistline pays. So tonight I went for a little bit lighter type of comfort food. This sweet and spicy stir-fry is a family favorite, and much lighter on the calories than typical comfort food. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did!


Gluten-Free Sweet and Spicy Stir-Fry
adapted from My Recipes
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons braggs amino acids
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon red chili paste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
8 ounces sugar snap peas
1 bell pepper, sliced ( I used a variety of red, green and yellow)
1/2 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges



Combine all sliced veggies.. 
Add brown sugar, braggs -or- gf soy sauce. fish sauce, vinegar, chili paste, sesame oil and corn starch. 
 Heat a large wok or large heavy skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to pan and swirl to coat. 
Add chicken and sauce; stir-fry 4 minutes or until browned and done. Remove chicken from wok. 
Add remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil to wok; swirl to coat.Add all veggies.
Add in chicken again after veggies are cooked to your liking. Stir and serve over steamed hot rice.

1 comment:

  1. I would devour this!! Looks so good and I know it tasted amazing with all those great ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.