Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Gluten-Free Apple Cider Cupcakes


I got a little over productive with my apples this year. Then to top it off I got my juicer. The juicer has been really great! I love that I can make fresh cider and all things yummy to go with it. I saw a recipe for Apple Cider layer cake that looked great, but I don't like having a big cake around. I prefer cupcakes because then I can easily hand them out, to prevent me from eating them all. These cupcakes taste of all things apple and are very yummy! Enjoy!

Gluten-Free Apple Cider Cupcakes
adapted from A Hint of Honey

3 cups Maninis All purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1½ tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
1½ cups light brown sugar
¾ cup canola oil
¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs
1½ cups buttermilk

Apple Cider Frosting:
7 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup apple cider 
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
pinch of salt

Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cupcake pans with paper liners. 

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a second large bowl, beat sugar and oil together with an electric mixer until well combined, about 30 seconds. Add applesauce, condensed milk and vanilla, beat for 30 seconds, then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture in three parts, alternating with the buttermilk, and continuing to beat until well combined.
Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of each cake comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. 
Set aside to let cool for 10 minutes.

For the frosting, put sugar, butter, cider, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Frost and serve!

2 comments:

  1. Apple cider is a personal favorite of mine... I bet these were fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.