Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Crock-Pot Sweet and Spicy Pork Shoulder


The men in my life LOVE pork. It is no secret it isn't my favorite, but I always aim to please. My husband and I were picking up some groceries after church on Sunday and I was upset because there was no fresh caught fish to be found. I guess the fishermen deserve a day off too. So he said; "It has been a while since you made pork". So I told him to go ahead and pick out some and I will make it for him. He settled on some nice fresh cuts. We had gone to the early service so I had all day to figure out what to make him. Days like these are my favorite. I decided to make some Sweet and Spicy Pork served over steamed Jasmine rice. 
It was a big hit. Sorry the pictures stink. I figure some pictures are better than no pictures. It was 6:30pm and dark by the time they were ready. So it is what it is. 

Gluten-Free Sweet and Spicy Pork in the Crock-Pot
Pork Shoulder fat trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup gluten-free soy sauce or braggs amino acids
1 tbsp ginger
1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder

Add everything and cook on low in the crock pot for 7 to 8 hrs.
Serve with steamed white rice.

2 comments:

  1. We don't do pork - do you think this would work as well with beef?

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely! If you get a roast it would turn out nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.