Sunday, December 23, 2012

Caramel Cheesecakes

Tis' the season to be naughty fa la la la la, la la la la! There are yummy bites everywhere. I do my best to stay away from most of them. These however, are worth every calorie I put in my mouth. They are my husbands favorite too. I use an almond crust instead of the sugary cookie crust and we think it makes it taste so much better. I make these during the holiday season to treat my husband and kids. Hope you enjoy these as much as we do!


Gluten -Free Caramel Cheesecakes
19 ounces cream cheese
3 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
caramel:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk 
 crust:
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 cup melted butter

Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Crush your slivered almonds. 
In a mixing bowl whisk together the almond flour, almonds, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and combine with a spoon.
Line a muffin tin with liners. Push the almond mixture into the bottom of the liners. 
Bake for 10 minutes to set. 
Turn oven down to 300°.
In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and eggs. Beat until light and fluffy. 
Spoon mixture into the muffin tins with prepared almond crust. 
Bake for 40 minutes. 
While cakes are cooking, start on the caramel.
Combine granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring gently for 3 minutes. 
Stop stirring and continue cooking 10 minutes or until the color of light brown sugar. Remove from heat; carefully stir in butter and milk. Place pan over medium-high heat until caramelized sugar melts. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. 
Remove pan from heat; cool caramel to room temperature. Cover and chill 1 hour or until slightly thickened. 
Take cheesecakes out of the oven when they are done. Once cool, the middle will slightly fall and this is the perfect indent for the caramel.
Spoon about 1 tablespoon caramel over each cheesecake. 
Eat!
If you are wanting to do a post holiday DETOX or CLEANSE hit me up! 
I help people get healthy naturally. Being a cancer survivor I learned how necessary it is to detox after indulging. I have got your back! My passion is to help others stay cancer free. I have searched the world high and low and have found the BEST highest QUALITY natural products to help get the gunk out naturally, They are SAFE, healthy and will IMPROVE your health vs. hurting it with starvation or breaking down your digestive system which is what most detoxes do. So EMAIL ME and let's get started! 


If you want to eat this, but can't have sugar or dairy, please try my amazing sugar-free, dairy-free, healthy caramel cheesecake bites. You can find them here: 

If you like my recipes, please support my work and get my cookbook! Featuring 150 recipes, 100 of which are not on the blog. That's right! 100 new recipes! Gluten-Free Made Easy is the perfect guide to your new lifestyle! Learn dozens of tips and tricks for avoiding gluten and over 150 tasty, simple recipes. Going against the grain has never been easier!
"Gluten-Free Made Easy" is available for sale at Barnes and NobleBooks and ThingsCedar FortAmazon and many other great bookstores.

36 comments:

  1. Those look amazing...best of ALL worlds - cheesecake, almonds, AND caramel. Would be awesome to include in our Christmas Eve party tomorrow night. Wonder if I could talk my hubby into picking up the ingredients I don't have tomorrow morning. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see recipes like this, I kinda wished I baked!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ella-HomeCookingAdventureDecember 28, 2012 at 5:14 AM

    These must have been heavenly! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not need to make this gluten free so was wondering if could just use flour in place of the almond meal since I have it? Do know if I would make any change to the amount if I used flour? It looks delicious, I love mini cheesecakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should use graham cracker crumbs instead. Plain flour has no taste and traditionally you serve cheesecake with a sweet crunchy crust. The almonds are just a healthier way. Crush up graham crackers and use them in place of almonds and you will be all set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! I have a question though.... in the written out recipe when making the crust, it says to "Add the butter and water, combine with a spoon." There is no mention of water under the crust portion of the ingredients. How much should be added?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only use butter, sorry. I adapted the recipe and they used oil and water. I changed it to butter because I like the buttery taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How many cheesecake bites does this recipe make? 12?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I use graham cracker crumbs, would I still use the other ingredients and prebake? Not thinking the almonds would be good in the graham crackers....

    ReplyDelete
  10. These looks fantastic, I am not am accomplished baker but I am definitely going to give this recipe a try. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look fantastic, I am NOT an accomplished baker but I'm definitely going to give this a recipe a try. Thank you so much for sharing, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to make these! Do you have to use foil liners?

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have to use liners but they don't have to be foil

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is it really 19 oz of cream cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of this recipe but I'm allergic to nuts. I realize I would replace the almond meal with flour but do I need to replace the sliced almonds with something or just take them out? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would take them out and use 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs instead. Flour would be too bland. If you are glutenfree kinnikinnik has a good gf brand of crumbs or if you aren't, then you can just crush up graham crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look ridiculously yummy!! I'm allergic to wheat (recent news) so it's lovely to find a new site with tons of ideas for easy deserts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! I am here to help!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These do look great but how many does this recipe make & do you use mini cupcake or regular size cupcake pans? Thanks for any help.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have you tried making these in mini muffin tins and decreasing the baking time?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do these need to be refrigerated?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do these need to be refrigerated after made?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Are all ingredients gluten free?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, all recipes on this blog are gluten-free.

    Christi Silbaugh
    Freelance Food Writer
    Glam Media, Federated Media, Mom, What's For Dinner, Gourmet Cooking For Two, Zero Calorie Life, FoodGawker, Healthy Aperture, Whole Yum, Google Glass

    ReplyDelete
  25. so why don't you learn how? it's fun and very rewarding :) you really should give it a try, and if you have and it didn't work out don't give up, anything worth having is worth working for.

    ReplyDelete
  26. How long would you bake them if you would use the mini cupcake liners?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Try with 20 minutes and check them. Usually mini muffins are half the time.
    Christi Silbaugh

    ReplyDelete
  28. In the recipe it calls for sugar in the crust, but in the directions it does not say anything about adding the sugar in the crust....so I want to double check before I add it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will update the recipe. Sorry about that. Yes, you add the sugar to the almond mix.
    Christi Silbaugh
    Freelance Food Writer
    Glam Media, Federated Media, Mom, What's For Dinner, Gourmet Cooking For Two, Zero Calorie Life, FoodGawker, Healthy Aperture, Whole Yum, Google Glass

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think I'll top this with a drizzle of dark chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt....oh yum

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG! This is so good! I love cheesecake! I love caramel! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Where do you find almond meal?

    ReplyDelete
  33. In the flour/baking isle.
    Christi Silbaugh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.