Saturday, November 10, 2012

Chicken Spinach Rollatini


Recently we were headed to Oregon to visit friends and family. It was our last night home and I wanted to use up ingredients that would waste otherwise. I had some spinach, chicken, and cheese. Along with my normal supply of fresh eggs, garlic, marinara sauce, and the stash of tortilla chips I always keep on hand. So I started going through all my drafts of recipes I have. Some I have started and not finished. Others are completely done, just waiting for me to make and snap a picture so I can share the recipe with you all. I have 161 recipe drafts right now. I know, I am weird. It is a kitchen addiction. That, and the fact that I constantly have hungry mouths to feed at any given hour of the day. Recipes on hand are needed, so I tend to collect them, work on them, perfect them. This was recipe draft 162. 

Gluten-Free Chicken Spinach Rollatini
adapted from skinny taste

2 lbs Chicken Breasts
1 tsp Italian seasoning
sea salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs whipped
2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
5 oz fresh spinach, cleaned and chopped
6 tbsp cream cheese
6 oz mozzarella
olive oil non-stick spray
1 cup marinara sauce

Wash and dry Chicken, then cut into 8 pieces and hammer into cutlets. 
Season cutlets well with sea salt and pepper, and sprinkle 1 tsp of Italian seasoning over them. . 
Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. 
Combine tortilla crumbs and 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup eggs and garlic in another. 


Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated parmesan cheese, spinach, 2 tbsp eggs, and cream cheese. 

Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down. 

Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in tortilla crumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. 



Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with marinara sauce then remaining mozzarealla cheese. 

Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese. 

Follow Us:


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...