Saturday, October 20, 2012

Foodbuzz Festival 2012 Day 1

Today was an exciting day! I am attending my first ever Foodbuzz Blogger Festival in San Francisco.  Because I have not come to the festival before, I was a little scared. That did not last long. When I arrived at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel, I was greeted warmly by the foodbuzz staff. I was given my badge and my goody bag, plus money for dinner.
 I was really surprised that they knew I was gluten-free! They told me they made special arrangements at every meal to accommodate my special diet. 

Tonight was the Welcome Reception and Cocktails. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming. It was so great to put a faces to the names of many blogs I read on a regular basis! I met a lot of new friends!
The reception was held at Harry Denton's Starlight Room 
I Mixed and mingled with fellow Festival attendees and enjoyed great food and drinks from a spot 21 stories above the city. I got a couple shots from inside the room, looking down on Union Square and just the city in general. I really liked the lit up palm trees. 
The appetizers served were very tasty, and beautiful! 
I wasted no time digging in! Cheers!
They had a full bar where the bartenders made a bunch of unique cocktails. I stuck with some red wine, since I have a full weekend planned. 
After 5 of us headed over to Unicorn Pan Asian to dine out on the town, courtesy of Foodbuzz.
This group of gals really are the greatest. I dined with Anne Papina Smith From Webicurean, Marlene A Baird from Nosh My Way, Jennifer Drummond from Peanut Butter and Peppers, Shannon Rosenberg from Killer Bunnies Inc. Please check out their blogs and recipes!
The food was really great! The staff was friendly. I enjoyed the decor of wine bottles and blown glass. They offer a lot of gluten-free and Vegan/Vegetarian options.
Here is a picture of a few items that we ordered.
All in all... This has already been a successful trip and the main events don't start until tomorrow. 
I am so happy to be a part of this. Thank you foodbuzz!  

Don't forget you can order my cookbook HERE!


5 comments:

  1. I totally forgot about the festival this weekend! It looks like so much fun!! I hope you have a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ramona you are missed! I hope you can come next year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun last night! I can't believe you posted already lol see you in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so great to meet you! Hope you are having a wonderful Saturday in SF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so nice meeting you!! I had a blast last night and I can't wait for tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.