Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Spinach-Cheese Balls

Tonight we had a crowd for dinner. Our Pseudo daughter Doris was back for a visit with her boyfriend. My daughter and her band mate were here for a night session of music practice. My son and his girlfriend were here. Also my husband and I were here. So that is 8 for dinner. No problem.
As I was busy slaving away in the kitchen, I could tell everyone was hungry. How to feed a crowd quickly? Spinach-Cheese Balls. Everyone enjoyed them and I was lucky to end up with one. This recipe is fast and easy. I hope you enjoy it!

gluten-free Spinach-Cheese Balls

adapted from betty crocker
1 cup fresh spinach, washed, drained, and chopped
1 cup better batter baking mix
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1 egg
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup tomato pasta sauce, if desired

Heat oven to 400°F. Spray baking sheet or stone with cooking spray or olive oil. 


In large bowl, mix all ingredients, except pasta sauce. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from sheet. 
Serve with pasta sauce.
Follow Us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...