Friday, July 6, 2012

Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix


It is Summertime and I like to have a lot of snacks around to grab and go to the beach or pool. Looking for gluten-free easy options is not easy. Sandwich bags get a lot of use in my house this time of year. Today I bring you a nice easy treat to make for your days on the go.  
Gluten Free Cinnamon Churro Chex Mix
adapted from Chef In Training
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/8 cup corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla

1/2 cup white chocolate chips 
1 box Rice Chex



Pour cereal into a very large mixing bowl and set aside.
Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

Add Vanilla and White Chocolate Chips stirring fast until they melt. This takes some arm strength. Pour over cereal and stir lightly till all pieces have some coating.Spread onto a large cookie sheet or roasting pan with sides that is lined with parchment paper.


Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes.
Let cool enough that you can touch. 
Pour into individual ziplock bags to store until you are ready to eat.
Follow Us:

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this looks delicious! I think I'll be stopping for a box of Chex on the way home. I also have an opened box of peanut butter puffs that I think I may try tossing in there too! Peanut butter cinnamony goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh.... Ahhhhh!!! What a clever recipe!! My kids would love this!! I bet you could do popcorn too. Mmmmmmm.. perfect for movie night at home. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.