Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cappuccino Cookies

Recently, I was blessed to receive a box of Nuvia Instant Healthy Coffee. Curious, I did some reading up on their product before I tried it. On their website it states: 

Nuvia contains Ganoderma, African Mango and Pomegranate which are renown in recent clinical studies. News regarding their health benefits is the subject of wide spread media buzz. See for yourself the benefits of this amazing healthy coffee."
Then I read the numerous testimonials on this coffee. 
All of the statements about how it supports Healthy EnergySupports Immune Health, and is an Appetite Suppressant... OK...   So naturally, I had to make a cup and do a taste test. 
Scrumptious! If healthy tastes like this, I will be pouring a cup of healthy every morning! If you are interested in this coffee you can visit their site HERE
Me being me, I could not just pour a cup, I also had to bake something with this coffee. I made the troops some cookies! The kids barely got a few before their Dad stole the rest of them. He really loved them. Here is the recipe:

Gluten Free Cappuccino Cookies


6 packets Nuvia Instant Healthy Coffee 
1 Tablespoon hot water
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
2 cups Maninis Multipurpose gluten free flour
1/4 tsp of salt
8 ounces white chocolate
cinnamon, for dusting


Preheat oven to 375°. 
Using a small bowl or cup combine the  Nuvia Instant Healthy Coffee  and hot water. Stir to make a paste; set aside.


Using a large mixing bowl, combine butter, vanilla and sugar; beat until smooth and well combined, then beat in the egg yolk and cappuccino paste.
Sift together the flour and salt, slowly add to mixture and beat until well combined.


Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. I put this in bold because so many readers forget this step and then they are mad that they are stuck to the pan!
roll out 1/4" thick between 2 sheets of parchment or waxed paper. 
Place on a flat surface in the fridge for at least one hour.
Remove from fridge and take off the top layer of parchment. Cut out using 2½" round or square cookie cutter and place them on prepared cookie sheets one inch apart. (repeat with other ball of dough)
Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool on the parchment sheets completely.
After cookies have completely cooled, melt chocolate in microwave at 70% power for 1 minute, STIR. If morsels still are not fully melted (smooth) microwave additional 10 seconds and stir. I had to do this twice. 
Spoon white chocolate over cookies and spread using the back of a spoon.
Dust with cinnamon.

Follow Us:

2 comments:

  1. One more wonderful recipe from Christi! I think it deserves an award :-).
    So I am passing on to you a whole bunch of food blogging awards! You can pick them up here:http://cookingrookie.blogspot.ca/2012/06/cherry-clafoutis-and-blog-awards.html
    Have a delicious day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm.... Love these cookies. :) I love that you frosted them as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.