Thursday, April 12, 2012

Low Calorie Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia


 Time for another healthy dish!
Not only healthy, but fast and easy. This is the type of meal I could eat every day. So full of protein and healthy goodness. It makes me hungry again just talking about it. Tilapia is my all time favorite fish to cook with. So easy and it adapts to any taste easily. Just don't overcook it and you are golden.  This recipe is going on my "Help I barely have enough time to make dinner" list. as a MUST MAKE! Delish! 
Low Calorie Gluten Free Ginger and Cilantro Baked Tilapia
adapted from http://www.thekitchn.com 
4 large tilapia fillets 
2 jalapeno peppers, minced
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 TBSP grated fresh ginger root
4 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce -or- Braggs Amino Acids
1/2 cup white wine
2 teaspoon sesame oil
2/3 cup chopped cilantro
Extra Green Onions and Cilantro for garnish.
Heat the oven to 475ºF. Pat the fish dry and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place in a glass baking dish.
Chop the pepper and garlic, and grate the ginger. Put in a small food processor with the soy sauce, white wine, sesame oil, and cilantro. Whir until blended. Pour the sauce over the fish, rubbing it in a little. Bake for 8 minutes
Serve immediately over steamed rice, or if you are watching your calories, serve it over my Coconut Curry Soup like I did, garnished  Green Onions and Cilantro.
 
Follow Us:

1 comment:

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.