Sunday, March 18, 2012

Roasted Red Pepper Egg Breakfast Cups



Sometimes I wake up in the morning and just feel like being creative. I always joke that I am not a big breakfast maker, simply because I am not a morning person. I get up plenty early. I am just not a big talker in the morning. Talk to me before I am verbal and watch out!  I do enjoy a good breakfast. Today I woke up and saw my beautiful produce and thought. Ok, I want to make something with that. I pulled out ingredients and threw together;
Roasted Red Pepper Egg Breakfast Cups

1 red bell pepper
2 slices pancetta or bacon
1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
2 eggs
Cheddar Cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Cut your red bell pepper in half and clean out the membrane and seeds to make a red pepper bowl.
Place your pancetta in a skillet and cook off some of the fat. I fried it on high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
Place prepared red pepper in a custard cup. Add your pancetta in and sweet onion into the center of the red pepper bowl.
Crack your egg into the red pepper bowl.
Sprinkle the top with cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or until egg whites are cooked through and the yolk is still runny. 
Follow Us!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful light breakfast!! I would really dig these. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.