Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gluten Free Linguine and Meatballs

Today I am sharing with you one of my "oops I didn't have time to plan a dinner" meals. Here is a simple and quick recipe for those of you that don't like to make everything from scratch. This is my go to meal when I don't have that much time and need to make things with what I have on hand. On any given day I can throw these ingredients together and have a happy family. With Quinoa pasta it is a healthier option than traditional pasta and it is also gluten free. I try to make my marinara ahead of time, but if I don't have time I use Bertolli Olive oil and garlic marinara. 

Gluten Free Linguine and Meatballs
1 box Quinoa Ancient Harvest Gluten Free Linguine
1 lb ground turkey (you can use beef if you prefer red meat)
1/2 one sweet onion
4 gloves of garlic minced
1/2 cup crushed up tortilla chips
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese 
Olive oil
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Gather all your ingredients. 


Add onion, garlic, chip crumbs, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper to a large bowl

Add the ground turkey, mix well with your hands and form into meatballs. 
Add olive oil to a large pan and sear the meatballs until they are brown on each side. 

Add the meatballs to a large 9x13 baking dish. Add your marinara. You can use store bought, or your own marinara.  
Bake for 20 minutes. 
While meatballs and sauce are baking. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add your noodles and cook them according to package instructions. 
Strain your noodles once they are cooked.
 Place your noodles into individual servings in a bowl and top with the marinara and meatballs.
Top with Parmesan Cheese and garnish with your favorite green herb. 
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Meatballs.. meatballs... meatballs...

    Sorry! I was memorized! You know I would eat this even if you tied my hand behind my back .:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gluten free option, just wish it was easier to find quinoa pasta.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.