Friday, March 30, 2012

Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins

Taylor has been on my back to make some Apple Cinnamon Muffins. I don't know why I drug my feet making them for her. Probably because I don't like having around a ton of sweets. What I really like about these muffins, is that if you keep them in the freezer and pull them out one at a time and heat up in the toaster oven, they make for a great treat with your morning coffee or tea. I tried to healthy them up a bit by using coconut flour. Apples, Cinnamon and Coconut are all good for you. Yes, there is sugar and I would still consider this to be a splurge, but sometimes a splurge is just what you need. These turned out light and fluffy and scrumptious. 


Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
Makes 24 Muffins
1 cup coconut flour
1 tsp xanthan gum

1 cup sugar

¾ cup packed brown sugar

3 teaspoons baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter, melted
4 eggs
2 cups finely chopped apples (I used honeycrisp)

For Streusel topping:

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup rice flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tsp water
¼ cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 375.

In a large bowl, sift together flours, xanthan gum, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon.
In the bowl of your kitchenaid mixer add milk, vanilla, melted butter, and eggs. 
Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until fully moist. 
Spoon batter into 2 greased or paper-lined muffin pans.
In a small bowl mix together streusel topping ingredients. Sprinkle the top of each muffin generously with streusel topping. 
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. 
Cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Follow Us:


 

2 comments:

  1. Yum! These are making my mouth water! I love apple cinnamon muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were absolutley divine!! Made them tonight with a couple little twists as to make them Gluten Free/Casein Free for my ASD son! He will LOVE them in the morning. Even my picky husband gave his stamp of approval! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.