Monday, March 5, 2012

Crockpot Mongolian Beef


More Crockpot recipes anyone? This is a simple recipe I made using Coconut Secret products. Usually sweet asian dishes have a lot of sugar. I got some great products from Coconut Secret. I used Coconut Crystals as a substitute for brown sugar, it has NO coconut flavor at all. Just as sweet, raw, organic, gluten free and low on the glycemic index. I substituted their Coconut Aminos as a substitute for the soy sauce.  This dish was just as sweet. I was happy to be filling my family with nutrition rather than sugar. If you do not have Coconut Secret products you can substitute as shown below. I recommend them. Check them out at http://www.coconutsecret.com
Crockpot Mongolian style Beef
adapted from allrecipes.com
1 pound steak, cut into bite-size slices
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 large green onions, sliced diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 cup coconut nectar (you can use gf soy sauce)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup coconut crystals (you can use brown sugar)
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root

Any cut of boneless steak will work here, just remember steak grade not roast. Place steak and cornstarch into a large ziplock bag. Shake the bag to evenly coat the flank steak with the cornstarch. Allow to steak rest for 10 minutes.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir steak until evenly browned, 2 to 4 minutes. Place onion, garlic, flank steak, green onions, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, and hoisin sauce in a slow cooker. 
Cook on High setting for about 3 hours, or low for 6 hours.
I served it over cooked white rice.
.Follow Us:

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY for my Tummy! I love how tender meat gets in the crockpot. This looks like a winner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.