Saturday, March 31, 2012

Bean Dip

I don't know if I am the only one out there, but I just love beans. All kinds of beans. Black, Kidney, Pinto, even garbanzo. I especially love them in dips and soups. I am probably the only one in this house that would be so content to just eat vegetables and beans. That is why I make a lot of different bean dips and soups. While I am busy serving everyone else their large meat dinners, you will find me in the corner, happy as a clam with my beans and veggies. This is definately not my healthiest recipe. It is a great comfort food recipe. Packed with protein and fat, just like I like it!
Gluten Free Bean Dip
adapted from: allrecipes.com
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese at room temperature. 
1/2 cup sour cream -or- plain greek yogurt
2 cans refried beans
1 TSBP chili powder
1 TBSP cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl. Mix in refried beans until combined. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. 
Spray a pie pan with cooking spray. Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the top cheese.
 
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese in melted and slightly browned. Serve with tortilla chips.
Follow Us!

2 comments:

  1. This is my kind of MEAL! oops, I mean appetizer! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuff goes so fast at partys! It's sooooo good! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.