Monday, February 13, 2012

Hoisin Glazed Sea Scallops

I posted this recipe over on my Gourmet Cooking For Two site and it is gluten free, so I wanted to share over here for my Gluten Intolerant and Celiac readers. I posted a homemade Hoisin Sauce recipe that works perfectly.  This is a great starter to a Valentines day meal. 
6 Jumbo Sea Scallops
2 teaspoons canola oil
1 Tablespoon prepared Hoisin sauce
1 Cucumber
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
Peel and Jullienne cut a cucumber. The definition of a Jullienne is long strips of vegetables. This is done easily with a mandoline. Mandoline's are very inexpensive and I have found this to be my most used tool in the kitchen. You can find them as low as $9.99. Toss cut cucumber with sesame oil and plate. 
Make sure scallops are completely clean and that the side muscle is not still attached. If it is pull it off and discard... it's gross.
Bring the scallops to room temperature by drying them with a paper towel and set aside for about 30 minutes. 
Season the scallops with salt and pepper. 

Heat heavy bottom sauté or fry pan over medium-high heat. Once pan is hot, add oil. Place scallops in pan flat side down. Don’t crowd them. Leave scallops alone and don’t move them for 2-3  minutes. 
Turn scallops over, turn heat down, and drizzle with Hoisin sauce. 
Cook 1 more minute. Serve immediately.
Don't forget to enter the $50 gift card giveaway! Enter here. 
Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.