Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Healthy Lite Baked Tilapia

I am in dire need to put some healthy food in my body. Sometimes the weekend gets out of hand and it is time for a reality check. Enter clean eating! As I found out Cayenne, ginger and mustard are three ingredients that help you burn fat just by eating them. This recipe was So delicious! I adapted it from The Eat Clean Diet, which I will be frequently visiting from time to time to get inspired for healthy meals. The fish was cooked perfectly. Healthy and light. It made me feel like I was full of protein without all the added calories. I served it to my girlfriend who stopped by for a visit and my daughter. All 3 of us loved it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
 2 TBSP garlic powder
 1 tsp paprika
 1 tsp ginger
 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
 1 tsp dried mustard
 1 tsp oregano
 1 tsp chili powder
 1 pinch cayenne pepper
 4 tilapia fresh filets
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Line a large baking pan or a baking sheet that has sides, with parchment paper.
In a small bowl combine dry seasonings.
Drizzle the olive oil over the Tilapia and rub them down to make for an even coating. 
Dip each filet into the seasoning and place it on lined the baking pan.
Pour any remaining seasoning over the filets on the sheet and place the baking pan in the oven.
Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately. I served mine over a bed of fresh spinach with sliced grape tomatoes. It goes very nice with green tartar sauce.

Follow Us:

2 comments:

  1. Simple but healthy. Very nice. We had fish last night as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SImple, healthy and delicious! Thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.