Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chicken Stock


I make homemade Chicken Stock on a regular basis. It is a cost effective way to ensure you are getting good stock. I know you can buy it. I buy it all the time too because I run out. I use Chicken stock all the time and I don't think I can ever have enough. I love to cook my rice in it, it adds so much extra flavor. I recently started boiling my potatoes in it and it added so much flavor. I love buying a whole fryer chicken. Because I get a meal, plus I get a bunch of Chicken broth that I make with the carcass of the chicken. Here is how I make mine:

1 chicken carcass
8 cups water
1 large onion cut into 4 sections
4 stalks celery cut in half
4 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 bay leaf
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Place all ingredients  in a large pot over high heat. 
Bring to a boil, Cover then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 3 hours.
Strain and cool the stock, uncovered. Pour into an airtight container or jar and keep refrigerated until use. 
Follow Us
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.