Monday, December 19, 2011

Toffee

Toffee is my husbands absolute favorite thing to splurge on during the holidays. I had a little extra time today and made him a batch. I am going to have to keep him off sweets after the holidays, but for now, he is a happy camper. 
 For those of you who don't know, Toffee is actually really quick and simple to make. It is naturally gluten free, with just 4 ingredients, you can whip up some toffee in 15 minutes. Give it a try!
This recipe is adapted from The Baker Chick

2 sticks butter

1 cup dark brown sugar

1 12 ounce bag Semisweet chocolate chips 
3/4 cup Ground almonds

In large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar, mix using a wooden spoon until mixture reaches just over 275 on a candy thermometer. 
 When it gets to 275, let it stay there for about a minute, then pour into cookie sheet or baking pan. I used a baking pan lined with parchment. Spread with a non stick spatula.
Melt the chocolate either over a double broiler, or in the microwave for 4 minutes at 50% power. Stir until completely smooth. Then Pour over sugar base. 
Spread with non stick spatula.
Top with almonds.  Cut into pieces. 


Follow Us!
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. My favorite too! This looks like perfect toffee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm Toffee!! Wonderful, perfect... I WANT SOME! :) Happy baking this week of Christmas... I know we are all going to be by that oven. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I didn't realize it was this easy to make. This could be dangerous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.