Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


Have you tried KinniToos Chocolate Vanilla Sandwich Cookies? They are the gluten free version of Oreo Cookies! I was so excited to get these. A long while back I saw a post from   lovin from the oven that had oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies. Now I get to make them. I had to adapt the whole recipe to make it gluten free, but these are so scrumptious! A special treat for your gluten intolerant loved one when they are down about not being able to eat gluten. Nothing makes you feel like everyone else than bitinging to a Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie!

2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3  cups gluten free all-purpose flour
1 tsp xanthan gum unless your flour already contains it (omit if not gluten free)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package gluten free KinniToos cookies (gluten free oreos)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Scoop a ball of cookie dough top with the KinniToo 
and flip over and top again with cookie dough sandwiching the cookie in between. Flatten the cookie dough and seal the sides, completely covering the Oreo.
Place the cookies at least two inches apart on a baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes.
Here you go, A little piece of gluten free heaven!

Follow Us!
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. Whoa! Heavenly! I bet your kiddos went bonkers over these...I know I would!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MAN! That is amazing...my little nephews would have been all over this like white on rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought my first package of gluten-free cookies the other day because I had company coming over who couldn't eat it. Ugh! Man, these look a million times better than those little rock cakes I bought! I'll keep these in mind for the next time she comes over and spare her the trip to the dentist's office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, Lucy's makes really good cookies you can buy at the store if you are in a bind. Other than that it is hard to find good store bought ones. I would be happy to cook some for you if you were closer. Cookies are done on almost a daily basis here. They are amazing when they are fresh.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.