Friday, December 9, 2011

Santa Hat Brownies

Are you ready for another festive holiday dessert recipe? I saw these Santa Hat Brownies on Pinterest from daisy's world.  It used to be that I would look at desserts like that and say; "bummer Taylor can't have that". This past year there has been an abundance of new products and flours that make it so easy for me to re-create "normal" desserts for my Celiac daughter.
What you will need:
1 pan of Better Batter Gluten Free Brownies baked as directed on the package.
12 strawberries, cleaned and hulled
Cheesecake Buttercream
makes 12
Cheesecake Buttercream Recipe:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.  Add vanilla extract and salt.  Add 2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth.  
To assemble, add the buttercream to a pastry bag, or a ziplock bag with a small hole cut in one corner. Cut the brownies into circles using a round cookie or biscuit cutter.
Pipe a ring of vanilla buttercream on top of each brownie.  Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each brownie. Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the santa hat.


Follow Us!
Follow Us on FacebookFollow Us on TwitterFollow Us on bloggerFollow Us on tumblrFollow Us on StumbleUponFollow Us on RSSFollow Us via Email
Follow Me on Pinterest

9 comments:

  1. Oh my! These are so cute! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that with the leftover brownies, I just pushed them into a pie pan and topped with strawberries. So I ended up with 2 desserts. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super cute I love the holiday theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I saw these on Pinterest too. Great job recreating them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!!! I cannot wait to make these! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute!! I love them! I can't wait to show them to my kids. :) Have a great weekend! ~ Ramona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg these are so freakin adorable! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My nieces have Celiac and I was going to make these for them. Do you recommend the brownie recipe you used? I have never made gluten-free brownies, cakes, or pies. Do you have a favorite website for recipes?

    daisy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Daisyt13! The betterbatter company has the best gluten free brownie mix we have ever had. We highly recommend it!
    I tend to make my own recipes or adapt them from other chefs. But with so many great new companies you can use your normal recipes along with gluten free all purpose flours. I have over 200 gluten free recipes on my site and I hope that is a good start for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.