Friday, November 4, 2011

Pickled Green Beans



My husband loves a good pickled green bean. He eats them like they are his favorite potato chip or something. It got me wondering if Taylor would eat them. I have learned not to ask, just to do. If I say "try this!" she may give me a look, but in the end she will try it and give me her honest opinion. So I went off to the farmers market to get a bunch of good quality green beans. Yes... there is a difference. My husband loves them spicy, but I know that won't do for Taylor. So I put double the thai peppers in Randy's jars and didn't put any in Taylors. Worked like a charm!  I adapted this recipe from cherryteacakes. I added a bit more garlic and peppers. The result was perfect. You can preserve these. But they don't last long enough in our home.


1 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 1/2 cup hot water
2 heads fresh dill weed
4 garlic cloves
4 red thai chile pepper
1 1/4 cup fresh green beans, washed and trimmed

Combine the water, salt and vinegar in a large pot, and bring to a boil. When it begins to boil, reduce heat to low and keep at a simmer. Meanwhile pack the jars with dill weed, garlic cloves, thai pepper and green beans into jars. 


Pour the water/vinegar/salt mixture into the packed jars.


Close the airtight jar and store in the fridge. The beans will keep in the refrigerator for two months. If they don't get eaten first. =)
 Follow Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.