Saturday, November 12, 2011

Amazing Pasta and Cheese (gluten free)

Macaroni and Cheese is my favorite guilty pleasure food. Yes, I love all the gourmet food out there, but when I get down and dirty, or if I had to choose just one thing. A good mac and cheese. This can get really hard when you are dealing with gluten free pasta. Not anymore. I am so addicted to Schar's penne pasta and making mac and cheese with it... no one would know it was gluten free. I adapted this recipe from The Pioneer Woman. This is not a weight loss meal. This is my Favorite Meal.

4 cups schar gluten free penne pasta
1 whole Egg Beaten
1/4 cup (1/2 Stick Or 4 Tablespoons) Butter
1/4 cup gluten free All-purpose Flour
2-1/2 cups Whole Milk
2 teaspoons Dry Mustard
1 pound Cheese, Grated (yes, I said a pound)
1/2 teaspoon Salt,
1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt,
1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper

Cook macaroni until very firm. Pasta should be too firm to eat right out of the pot. I cooked the Schar gluten free Penne Pasta noodles for 6 minutes. Drain.

In a small bowl, beat egg.

In a large pot, melt butter and sprinkle in flour. Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook mixture for five minutes, whisking constantly. Don’t let it burn.

Pour in milk, add mustard, and whisk until smooth. Cook for five minutes until very thick. Reduce heat to low.

Take 1/4 cup of the sauce and slowly pour it into beaten egg, whisking constantly to avoid cooking eggs. Whisk together till smooth.

Pour egg mixture into sauce, whisking constantly. Stir until smooth.

Add in cheese and stir to melt. Pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Heat oven to broil. Place in oven to lightly brown the top. 5 minutes for me.

Follow Us!

1 comment:

  1. Looks really yummy! I love the Pioneer woman's recipes too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.