Monday, September 23, 2013

Best ever crab cakes


I have always loved Crab cakes. However, my husband wasn't too fond of them. This confused me, because I know he loves crab!. So I asked him what was up with that! He said he doesn't like all the filler in crab cakes. He loves a good crab cake that actually tastes like crab. So I got busy creating a crab cake that was full of flavor, but no fillers. I used a little rice flour just to help bond them together. 

Hubby loved these! He said they tasted amazing and wants me to make them more often. Course we are very fortunate here to live a few blocks from the marina, where I can get fresh caught crab any day of the week. I am not fond of canned crab meat. It is low quality and in my opinion it tastes like a can. Use fresh if you can!

Enjoy this recipe. You can put these beauties together. I do not use mayo in mine. Using Greek yogurt with a little vinegar gives you the same flavor and texture, without adding a million calories. Enjoy!

Gluten-Free Crab Cakes
(makes 9 crab cakes)
1 pound crabmeat, picked free of shells
1/4 cup rice flour
3 green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1 tsp vinegar
1 egg
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
Dash cayenne pepper
Rice flour, for dusting
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
Favorite dipping sauce, for serving



In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients, except for the flour and grapeseed oil. 
Shape into patties and dust with rice flour.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully place crab cakes, in batches, in pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Serve warm with preferred sauce over fresh baby spinach.
Follow Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.