Thursday, February 12, 2015

Clean Eating Jerk Salmon with Pineapple Salsa

Hello Readers! 

It has been a while since my last article. I am going to try to post once a week now. So much is happening in my life. I wear many hats. My 3rd book is being published next month. I could not be more excited. It is clean eating, and exercise combined. Nourish - The beginner's guide to eating healthy and staying fit, will be hitting the shelves!


You can order the book now from Amazon HERE

This book is what I consider to be my best work. I am going to be coming to your area this summer! We are doing a book tour/yoga workshop! This unique workshop is a collaboration between Me and 200 Hour Yoga Certified Instructor, Heather Foat. Participate in a class that will be sparked with creativity and be infused with food for thought; courageously checking-in within to see how well you’ve been nourishing yourself.  After practice, Christi will provide a demo making a healthy snack for you to enjoy in very little time and requires little money. Be informed and leave with a weeks worth of recipes, grocery lists and yoga moves to step out as a new you. Are you ready to change your life and get healthy?


Please head over to the Nourish The Workshop website and let us know where you practice! Looking forward to meeting you and leading you on a journey to nourish your mind, body and soul!

One of the other major changes in my life has been my superfood diet. I used to spend all this money making my own whole food, organic, non-gmo concoction to fight off my cancer. I also used to waste a lot of time juicing. Until my doctor pointed me to the whole food, organic, cancer fighting superfood shake! I love to pick apart the ingredients in my shakeology and find out exactly where they came from and what they do for the body. Today I am sharing a nutritional nugget about Amylase, along with one of my favorite green smoothie recipes. 


Amazing right? Hit me up if you want some! 



I have been eating clean for over a year now. I don't fall into any one diet category, but I do eat clean. This is one of my most favorite dishes to serve. This dish is full of Caribbean flavor. It is also really really healthy. No need for heavy sauces or bad fats. This is a crowd pleaser. People will think they are indulging or "cheating" but it is extremely good for you. 



So I thought I would share the recipe in time for Valentines day. You can make your sweetie a special meal, and still have it be healthy! 




Caribbean Jerk Salmon and Mango Pineapple Salsa over Quinoa with Mango Puree

For the quinoa:
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water

For the salsa you need:
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
1/2 pineapple, cored and diced
3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3/4 teaspoon himalyan salt, 

Jerk Seasoning: 
1 teaspoon ground allspice 
1 teaspoon ground cumin 
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme 
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper 
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
 4 salmon fillets 
1 teaspoon olive oil



Chop and combine mangoes, pineapple, onion, cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Refrigerate until use.



Next make your quinoa. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add your quinoa and bring back to a boil. Cover and turn the stove to lowest setting. The quinoa will be ready in 25 minutes. Lift lid and fluff. 



Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, allspice, cumin, thyme, cayenne and cinnamon in another bowl; rub over both sides of each fillet. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook salmon until cooked through, 5 minutes per side, The skin should be able to peel right off after being seared. Serve with salsa. 



Mango Puree: one sliced mango in the blender. 1/2 tsp of stevia and juiced 1/2 a lemon. Blend until a puree.

To assemble, I started with a bed of quinoa. Then topped with the mango pineapple salsa. Next add the Salmon. Dollup a little mango puree on top and add a circle of it around the quinoa. Enjoy! 


Some of you know I write for a lot of other media outlets. I also write for my other blog Gourmet Cooking For Two. It was quickly picked up by my publisher and is available in stores now. You can also purchase it online at Amazon HERE. 
Making gourmet meals for two is the perfect way to grow closer to your sweetheart, whether you are a new couple, empty nesters, or somewhere in between. With romantic tips to help you spice up your love life, and over 100 delicious, high quality recipes such as Brazilian Red Snapper and Tuscan Potato Soup, you'll never want to go out to dinner again.

Gourmet Cooking for Two is available for sale at Barnes and NobleBooks and ThingsCedar FortAmazon and many other great bookstores.

I would love to help you clean up your life. You can eat GREAT food and be healthy happy and cancer free like me! Why not learn how to make amazing healthy clean meals that you don't have to feel guilty about? 
My book Nourish is full of these types of recipes. Check it out, or email me today and I can help you get started on your healthy lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.