Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The gift of giving

I am so excited today because I get to build a house for habitat for humanity!!! I have always wanted to do this, but never knew how to get on a team. Then I started this amazing job and right away they asked if I would want to help them give back and build a home! 

I have been down so many roads in my life already. I have come from being a single mom, scraping by to make ends meet and worrying about how I am going to continue to provide for my kids, to working so hard to GET everything I thought I wanted. It turned full circle and I ended up with a huge mansion on a hill, and it was the time that I "had everything" that I was most miserable. So then I worked diligently to get rid of all that weighed me down. I gave up what everyone thought was the dream life, for the actual dream life. 

What I found along the way, was I was most rich, when I was giving, not receiving. So my life has changed to a life of servitude. I don't think about things anymore. I now spend every moment in gratitude. When I walk down the street I see opportunity to help the homeless and spread love. 

What about you? How are you living your life? It is never too late to make it the life you love. I encourage you to take the first step today. 
Love,
Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.