Monday, March 3, 2014

Healthy Deviled Eggs


 
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a fabulous relaxing weekend. We did. We had a rain storm in California. A much needed rain storm. It was nice to hibernate indoors and spend time together. It reminded me of Oregon. It was good for the 2 days it lasted and now the sun is back and the forecast is for 70 degrees. I am one happy girl. Everything is fresh and clear and I am ready to hit this week running!

Today I am bringing you an appetizer that is low in sugar, high in phosphorus, riboflavin,  selenium, and vitamin B12. So yes, these are healthy. My secret? I always use full fat Greek yogurt mixed with a little vinegar, salt, and pepper as a mayonnaise substitute. It tastes the same and is so much healthier for you. I use full fat because I believe in fat. Our bodies need fat. If you buy anything that is skim, fat free, reduced fat, it just means they have added fillers. Fillers are so unhealthy and I believe in trusting God's ingredients, before I trust man's. 


My family and I have always loved deviled eggs, but I have tried to limit making them because of the mayo content. Now they are guilt free because for two of these scrumptious deviled eggs you get a small 83 calories, which makes this a great healthy snack or appetizer. So have your eggs and eat them too! 

Healthy Deviled Eggs
recipe by: Christi Silbaugh

8 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
1/4 cup Plain Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 Tbsp mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
paprika for garnishing

Halve eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in a small bowl.

Whisk together yolks, greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Fill egg whites evenly with yolk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.