Friday, January 10, 2014

Healthy Vanilla Chai Cookies



Welcome to day 4 of my healthy cookie series! I have already presented you with Healthy Cafe Mocha cookies, Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Apple Pie cookies. When I was coming up with what flavors to make, my daughter was visiting the loft. She begged me to try to make a vanilla chai cookie, because vanilla chai is her favorite flavor of all things. At first I was unsure if I could nail it. Knowing I had a fresh batch of Madagascar vanilla beans on hand, I thought I would give it a try. Good news! I nailed it! Taylor was very happy!


Another healthy cookie containing no added sugar, and full of all things wholesome. Ready in 5 minutes and completely suitable for breakfast. 

Healthy Vanilla Chai Cookies
Recipe by Christi Silbaugh
Makes 12 cookies

1 cup almonds
1/4 cup walnuts
1 Vanilla bean (pulp only)
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper

1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted

Start out by adding the almonds, walnuts, vanilla bean pulp, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, allspice, and black pepper to your food processor. Pulse until ingredients resemble bread crumbs.
Next add your dates and process until a thick batter appears. 
Add 2 Tbsp of the batter to your hands and roll a ball out of it. Smash onto parchment paper to form a cookie. 
Store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to serve. They last 6 months in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.