Friday, December 6, 2013

Cauliflower Puree


Well we all made it! It is Friday! I don't know about you, but I feel really good about my food choices this week. I plan on carrying it over into the weekend. How are all of you doing on healthy eating? I know it is hard during the holiday's. Hang in there! You are not alone. Allow a treat once a week and stay the course the rest of the time. We can do this together!

I am sure you all know by now you can make mashed cauliflower, or cauliflower puree, and it tastes a lot like mashed potatoes, or potato puree. All the taste, with a fraction of the calories. I have been making it for years. I thought it was time I put the recipe I use on here. Enjoy!

Cauliflower Puree 
adapted from Guy Fieri, 2008
Serves 4 

1 heads cauliflower, core removed, cut into florets 
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley
2 cups whole milk 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter 
minced chives for garnish

Combine remaining cauliflower, milk and half a teaspoon of salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer, cover, and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes. Strain cauliflower from milk mixture, reserving broth. 





Transfer cauliflower to a blender. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and butter to the blender. Add half of the reserved milk liquid. Secure top on blender and puree mixture until smooth. 

If mixture is too thick, thin by adding some of the remaining liquid. Season, to taste. Serve in a bowl topped with minced chives.
Or you can serve it under your favorite protein. I served it over some Asian Red Snapper and it was divine. Recipe will be posted Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! I love comments!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!

Personalized TARGETED Nutrition saved me!
It can save you too! Take the free health assessment (it can even hook up to your DNA test results) to see what your body REALLy needs.